Attending a Convention Committee (ConCom) meeting is a great place to start helping Arisia. These monthly planning meetings are where we check in about the progress we've made toward this year's Arisia. ConCom meetings are always open to the public, and many Arisia staffers started out by attending one. Whether this is your first Arisia, or you've been coming for twenty years, we'd love to have you join the team.
Arisia ConCom meetings are hosted in the Boston area, often at the hotel. People usually start arriving 10 minutes before the meeting, and the meeting typically is called to order 5 to 10 minutes after the listed start time. These are fairly informal meetings, with an agenda set by the moderator. These meetings often run for 1.5 to 2 hours, and we encourage you to stay after they end so that you can meet Arisia staff and expand your fandom network.
We stream ConCom meetings via GoToMeeting (software install may be required). Check out the appropriate meeting link at the specified time to follow along, and use chat to ask questions and have them relayed to the rest of the meeting. You can contact @email if you have any difficulty accessing the stream.
During the convention itself there will be feedback sessions and an Arisia Corporate meeting. Both are open to all attendees and we encourage you to stop by and participate.
For hotel directions and parking information please see our full pages:
Important: Please be aware that the Red, Green, and Orange lines may not be running on weekends through the end of 2019. See this article (https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2019/08/12/mbta-fall-outages-calend…) for more information. This is especially relevant if you plan to attend Arisia staff or volunteer meetings that fall on a weekend day.
The Arisia 2020 ConCom meeting schedule is:
Saturday September 14, 1-4 pm at the Somerville Public Library's conference room/auditorium Sunday October 6, 2-5 pm at The Westin Boston Waterfront, 425 Summer St, Boston, MA Sunday November 17, 2-4 pm in the Stone Room at The Westin Boston Waterfront, 425 Summer St, Boston, MA
- The November ConCom meeting will be followed by BARCC's Becoming Active Bystanders training from 4-6 pm.
Sunday December 15, 4:30-6:30pm in Commonwealth AB at the Westin Boston Waterfront, 425 Summer St, Boston, MA
- Sunday January 5, 2-5 pm at NESFA, 504 Medford St, Somerville, MA.
- Directions can be found at https://www.nesfa.org/events/the-clubhouse/clubhouse-location/. If you're planning to take Broadway to get to NESFA, remember that Green Line Extension (GLX) construction efforts in Ball Square are ongoing and that there are detours in the vicinity of Broadway and Boston Ave. as well as other places along the GLX corridor.
- Tagging sessions take place at our storage space in Haverhill.
Sunday, December 1, 11am - 4pm Saturday, December 21, 11am - 4pm Wednesday, January 1, 2-6pm
- Sunday, January 12, 10am - 4pm
These and other Arisia meetings can be found at the Arisia Corporation calendar.
Meetings to be held at the Westin during Arisia 2020:
- Saturday, January 18 at 11:30am in Douglas - Saturday Feedback Session
- Sunday, January 19 at 1pm in Marina 3 - Arisia Corporate January Meeting
- Monday, January 20 at 2:30pm in Otis - Monday Feedback Session