Think of Arisia as a party for several thousand of your closest friends, some of whom you haven't yet met.
Things to do before the convention:
- Buy a Membership
- Sign up for the email newsletter
- Get a Hotel Room (if you don't want to commute)
- Read the Directions and Parking info
- Look at the Schedule or Pocket Program PDF (available on our Publications page)
- Read about our Guests of Honor (GOH)
- Read the Arisia fan community's Arisia Survival Guide and Packing List
Things to bring:
- Snacks for the hotel room
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- Mobile phone charger
- Dancing shoes, if you want to dance
- Costumes, if you want to dress up
- Any medicine or medical equipment you need
Things to do at con:
- Pick up your badge at Registration
- Get a "First Arisia" ribbon in the Team Arisia HQ
- Visit the Dealers Room and the Art Show
- Check out meals through the food options
- Check the main page throughout the con for live updates
- Find the printed Clear Ether newsletter each day for news and updates
- Visit open parties via the the party board, Clear Ether, or flyers throughout the hotel
Help make Arisia even more awesome!
Volunteering is a good way to meet folks and learn about how the convention works. If you spend at least six hours helping with load-in and setup, you can get a free membership to the convention. If you volunteer for at least 12 hours during the convention you can get a membership to next year's convention.
Volunteer as much or as little as you like at Team Arisia HQ in Revere (near the Gift Shop on the Lobby level).
Everyone eligible should get a flu shot. In order for it to be effective, you need to get it at least three weeks before con (for Arisia 2020, that's December 27, 2019, in case you were wondering).
Follow the "5-2-1 rule". In each 24 hours, get at least five hours of real sleep (not just napping with your head on a gaming table), eat two real meals, and take one shower or bath.